Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasnevin to Southside commute

Options
  • 27-05-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey, I'm thinking of moving to Glasnevin North (Wadelai area). I work in construction and most jobs would be on the southside/ Rathfarnham area. I would need to drive. Does anyone do this commute? How much does it cost (I'd have to factor in tolls) and how long does it take? Is it a crazy commute to try and do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It generally makes sense to live near work, unless there is a good reason to live elsewhere. Tolls would be about €2.50 one-way - check the various payment options. You may also have to pay for parking or have a parking permit. Then add all the normal costs of motoring. Going via the city centre wouldn't be very practical at rush hour. Avoid Terenure Cross at all costs, but note that there are some right-turn bans nearby - use the Firhouse exit on the M50, not the Tallaght one.

You could also use Dublin Bus routes 4,9 or 11 (best) to the city centre and then route 15b or 16 (best). If you lived on the Swords Road, you would have a direct route with the 16.

It's a 10km distance, which would take perhaps 30 minutes to cycle on relatively flat ground for most of the distance.

Advertisement