Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical libraries in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to find out about the best libraries in Dublin with up to date and good stock of medical journals, research papers, etc. I'm assuming you can get a lot in the university libraries but is there any other that has material not accessible in the universities by any chance?
    I can access the university libraries but I would need any other library to be open to public or students as I am not a medical professional.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Are you a student yourself? What field/college?

University libraries are open to external readers (albeit for an annual fee) and most hospitals have small libraries that have access to most of the big journals, any other random papers can usually be sourced in a couple days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Thanks for your reply. No, I'm not a university student at the moment but want to do my own research into a particular disease. I don't want to read anymore condensed crap designed specifically for the layperson as it's too general for what I need to find out.

Is there any one online source where you can access medical papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Pubmed.com is a great resource for looking up papers, it will give links to the papers. You'll get the abstracts for free. For the full papers, most require access to the publisher's database, which is pricey unless you're a library member, some are free though.

Advertisement