Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirect Pro 12 Final - Home / Away dressing rooms

Options
  • 27-05-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Long time reader etc. etc.

I believe Ulster selected the Away dressing room for Saturday's final.

Would they have gained any advantage by selecting the Home dressing room, and somewhat depriving Leinster of familiar surroundings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Beanmonkey wrote: »

Would they have gained any advantage by selecting the Home dressing room, and somewhat depriving Leinster of familiar surroundings?

Someone made the suggestion that Ulster were familiar with the away dressing room, so maybe for the same reason they wanted to keep it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Beanmonkey wrote: »

As .ak said. As another person said, because they didn't want to be surrounded by motivational posters of Leinster's achievements. Possibly because they didn't want to be pointlessly antagonistic, or because they didn't think that such a move would achieve much.

I honestly don't think the choice of dressing room would affect the result much, and it doesn't seem like they thought it would either. Ulster were going to have to beat Leinster on the field, not in the backroom. As they didn't select the home dressing room I think it's safe to say that they concluded there was no point in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

BBC NI said on Saturday that Ulster were in the home dressing room and that Leinster might be unsettled by it (which is the reason they only won by six points probably):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I don't think these little things make any difference to be honest.

The game is a culmination of a years hard work and weeks of preperation and months of player management and injuries and getting into form at the right time and developing enough new ideas on the training pitch.

Where you lace your boots makes little difference imho.

Advertisement