Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Geography- can I answer on the same topic twice?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Pleeease help D:
    Ok, so I was looking at the past paper, and for example in 2010:

•Q4 B (regional geography) asked you to write about the factors affecting the development of a tertiary economic activity in a European region outside of Ireland
    -For this I would have written about Tourism in Paris

•Q8 B (electives- economic activities) asked you to write about the growth of a developed economy under Financial services, Tourism, Industrial decline.
    -For this I would have written either about Dublin, or Paris.

But had I done Q8 first, and written about Paris, would I not be allowed to do Q4?
    I can't find anything that says I can't, but it seems ridiculous that I would write 2 very similar essays.

So what do I do? D:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

Good question. I am wondering the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

whatwhat0 wrote: »
    Pleeease help D:
    Ok, so I was looking at the past paper, and for example in 2010:

•Q4 B (regional geography) asked you to write about the factors affecting the development of a tertiary economic activity in a European region outside of Ireland
    -For this I would have written about Tourism in Paris

•Q8 B (electives- economic activities) asked you to write about the growth of a developed economy under Financial services, Tourism, Industrial decline.
    -For this I would have written either about Dublin, or Paris.

But had I done Q8 first, and written about Paris, would I not be allowed to do Q4?
    I can't find anything that says I can't, but it seems ridiculous that I would write 2 very similar essays.

So what do I do? D:

Yes you can use Paris again. As long as its relevent to the question you get the marks.

Advertisement