Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan Guarantee

Options
  • 27-05-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi

I was thinking about taking out a student loan with BOI. I'm a 20 year old student, currently a customer with BOI for over 10 years and currently have an overdraft of €600 with the bank. My parents are both on social welfare earning approx €22,000 per year and I've a full-time summer job where I'll be working 40+ hour weeks at 8.65 and double pay on Sundays. I was wondering if I were yo apply for a loan of ~€2500, would this be enough to cover the guarantee or is social welfare non-guaranteed?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi HelpImAlive

Loan Applications are assessed on a case by case basis.

Unfortunately, we cannot answer this query for you here but a Lending Advisor in your branch would be more than happy to answer any question you may have. 

You can find your branch contact details here 

Best of luck with it. 

Thanks for posting

Paula

Advertisement