Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13:1 gears and pinion shaft

Options
  • 27-05-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a set of 13:1 ratio gears of a durable make.

I'm also looking for a pinion gear for my KA sig 556 (using a KA medium motor at the moment).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Should have a pinion gear knocking about! I'll get back to you tomorrow evening if I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Should have a pinion gear knocking about! I'll get back to you tomorrow evening if I do!

Thanks, that would be great.

I'm getting a wierd issue with a KA sig 556 where it sounds like the pinion shaft is slipping on the bevel gear whenever there is any obstruction to the loading nozzle (as in even loading pellets into the chamber can cause this) so I want to replace the pinion gear in case it is too worn.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Thanks, that would be great.

I'm getting a wierd issue with a KA sig 556 where it sounds like the pinion shaft is slipping on the bevel gear whenever there is any obstruction to the loading nozzle (as in even loading pellets into the chamber can cause this) so I want to replace the pinion gear in case it is too worn.

Cheers!

hey there, i have an old broken g&g motor but the pinion gear and shaft are still perfectly fine. if your based in north dublin we could meet up and i could give it to ye for 2euro since its broken.....if your not in dublin youd have to add postage in which case id say leave it as its probably not worth it on your part.
    btw i dont have a tool to take the shaft pinion off so its not coming off unless you or a friend has the tool.

hey there, i have an old broken g&g motor but the pinion gear and shaft are still perfectly fine. if your based in north dublin we could meet up and i could give it to ye for 2euro since its broken.....if your not in dublin youd have to add postage in which case id say leave it as its probably not worth it on your part.
    btw i dont have a tool to take the shaft pinion off so its not coming off unless you or a friend has the tool.

Cheers for that, I amn't based in North Dublin unfortunately (down in Delgany, Co. Wicklow which is right beside Greystones).
    If I don't get sorted by Leftyflip I'll see what the options are but the closer the better. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Cheers for that, I amn't based in North Dublin unfortunately (down in Delgany, Co. Wicklow which is right beside Greystones).
    If I don't get sorted by Leftyflip I'll see what the options are but the closer the better. Thanks again!

Ah ye, its not worth the journey for such a small piece :)

• Advertisement

I'm also looking for the motor cage (not the AK full type, the Sig prong type), I have one with a stripped thread and would like to make sure it doesn't end up causing damage to the gearbox or motor taking the strain on one side.
    From a KA sig if possible but I believe the TM one will fit also.

Got myself sorted with the pinion gear (don't need one in the end).

Still looking for the motor cage if anyone has one (sig type, not AK type).
    Like the one in the picture here:
    http://www.858airsoft.com/howtos/sigdisa/disasig552%20%2864%29.JPG

Advertisement