Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best place to volunteer for the summer?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

I'm currently off college for the summer and I also have no work experience so I was thinking of trying to get a voluntary job to get experience and to give me something to do. I could volunteer for longer than the summer .

I'm thinking maybe shop work or even office work as I am quite good on the computer.

I did look into one charity shop and got a application sent and after seeing the garda vetting and reading the small print where it said it can take up to 16weeks I'll probably pass on that. Do all charity shops need garda vetting? Does Oxfam?

How do I go about getting a voluntary job? in a shop or office I don't mind really but I would prefer shop work.

Comments

Advertisement