Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB drive now only works for certain devices

Options
  • 26-05-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

As the title says, the USB drive on my mother's laptop now doesn't work for certain devices. Her external harddrive still works but her camera does not. If I connect either the camera or her portable SD-card reader device they don't come up in 'My computer' as drives like they used to in the past.

A possible cause of this issue is that 2 weeks I ago, in an effort to speed up her machine I ran in a registry script so as to regulate which Windows services are run automatically on her machine. I got the script from the following website: Black Viper link. Perhaps there is a windows service that has now been switched off which is responsible for detecting camera type devices? I've had a look through the services and all the plug and play ones appear to be starting automatically. Apart fromt hose i'm not sure what others would affect it.

Comments

Advertisement