Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology experiment lab book?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

I was just wondering if the biology lab book is worth any marks? And if it has to be left in school during the exams? My teacher said that an inspector could come in looking for it during the exams and if it's not there or not completed properly our exam could get cancelled! Is this true?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

No it's not worth anything. We didn't even use the lab book, just an ordinary copy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

ray2012 wrote: »
    No it's not worth anything. We didn't even use the lab book, just an ordinary copy! :P
    So an inspector couldn't just come in and demand to see it? Like, did you leave yours in school? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

HPMS wrote: »
    So an inspector couldn't just come in and demand to see it? Like, did you leave yours in school? :)

An inspector can come in at any stage, but they usually give a week's notice to the teachers (that's what ours told us anyways!). They don't get marked or anything nor do they go towards your exam results but they want to make sure students are actually completing the experiments and not just watching videos etc., so they go through a few and tell the teacher how to improve and some tips on write-ups (eg. using past pupils who achieved high grades' copies as a standard for the other students to template theirs on)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Well one could have, but luckily one didn't! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I didn't even know a lab book existed! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

ChemHickey wrote: »
    An inspector can come in at any stage, but they usually give a week's notice to the teachers (that's what ours told us anyways!). They don't get marked or anything nor do they go towards your exam results but they want to make sure students are actually completing the experiments and not just watching videos etc., so they go through a few and tell the teacher how to improve and some tips on write-ups (eg. using past pupils who achieved high grades' copies as a standard for the other students to template theirs on)

And say one did come in and yours wasn't there or completed, could they cancel your exam? Or was that just my teacher making up stuff? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

And say one did come in and yours wasn't there or completed, could they cancel your exam? Or was that just my teacher making up stuff? :confused:

No no I highly doubt they'd cancel
    the exam, don't worry haha :P

But you should have them written up anyways, it's the best way to remember and learn the experiments and it should definitely be an integral part of your revision

Advertisement