Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness Benefit Query

Options
  • 26-05-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been diagnoised with cancer and will be off work for a few months. I only started the job 5 months ago and before that hadnt worked for nearly 10 yrs in ROI so bascially only paying PRSI for a few months - will i be entitled to illness benefit payment at all? Do they take exceptional circumtances into account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

tracey1098 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been diagnoised with cancer and will be off work for a few months. I only started the job 5 months ago and before that hadnt worked for nearly 10 yrs in ROI so bascially only paying PRSI for a few months - will i be entitled to illness benefit payment at all? Do they take exceptional circumtances into account?

Did you pay contributions in another EU country...if yes then you can have these contributions added to your Irish contributions...it will then depend if you have contributions in the governing year.... if illness benefit tell you that you dont qualify then you keep sending in certs but you go to your community welfare officer with the letter from Illness Benefit and they may pay you...it depends on your circumstances.

Advertisement