Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great value earphones

Options
  • 26-05-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Meelectronics are a small American company I came across a few years ago when I was looking for decent earphones at a reasonable price as I wasn't prepared to pay the mad prices you have to pay in Ireland for brand name earphones. Every year they run one or two special promotions where they do a lucky dip type offer. They have one running till the 28th. For $10.99 you get a set of headphones worth either $29.99, $54.99, $69.99 or $79.99. So even if you get the cheapest pair you still get a set for a third of the retail price. Last time around When I signed up for this I got the $69.99 set and was well chuffed. Full details here...
    http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm
    If you want to see how well regarded Meelectronics earphones are in terms of sound quality and value for money at their normal rrp check out the reviews on head-fi.org and inearmatters.com.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Doesn't seem to include postage though, so it comes to about €15 with postage. I have a set of M6 which are a bit too bassy for me, but great isolation and real secure in the ear, so great for commuting and exercise. Come with a great case too. I'd be interested in trying one of their better ear phones so this a worth a try for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

They only headphones from the promotion in stock are the M9P which makes it seem like thats what you will get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Check amazon.com and you will notice that the prices are RRP but in 2010 for example for M9P so it was like 3 years ago. I am not saying that mee isn't a good brand but prices are from space - same as ibood.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    They only headphones from the promotion in stock are the M9P which makes it seem like thats what you will get ?

Shouldn't be a problem. They normally keep sets of the promotion earphones aside to satisfy demand.
    Although that's not to say that you won't get the M9Ps. Personally, while I'd love to get the M-duos or the SP51Ps I'd be more than happy with the M9Ps at that price. The current version might have been around for a couple of years but they're still far better than most €40 or €50 earphones you'll get in the shops here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

thought it was worth a punt and ordered two...came out at 23 euro including shipping so not too bad. Just wondering what kind of shipping time I can expect to ireland? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 back against the wall

ordered some saturday. got email saying these were shipped yesterday http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_SP51P_Tunable_In_Ear_Headphone_w_mic_p/ep-sp51p-bk-mee.htm

$69.99 worth for €15!!

well worth the chance. hope they dont take a million years to arrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

i've had a pair of bose in ear headphones similar to
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-%C2%AE-IE2-audio-headphones/dp/B004ADRXK8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1
    for a few years now but they are on their last legs. i find the ear shaped rubber bit it the only style that will keep these things in my ears.

suggestions for a lower cost alt guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Out of Stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

trev44 wrote: »
    i've had a pair of bose in ear headphones similar to
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-%C2%AE-IE2-audio-headphones/dp/B004ADRXK8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1
    for a few years now but they are on their last legs. i find the ear shaped rubber bit it the only style that will keep these things in my ears.

suggestions for a lower cost alt guys?

I have these about 2 years. I use earphones while out running and most would fall out of my ears after ten minutes, but these come with memory foam earpieces that expands in your ear and won't fall out. They are very comfortable. They have stayed in after hours of sweat and rain.

The Meelec's M6, S6 wrap around the ear so they won't fall out.

http://www.cnet.com/2300-7877_1-10002420-4.html
    http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/07/meelectronics-sport-fi-s6-in-ear-headphones-review.html

They are cheap earphones though, so the SQ isn't as good as Sennheiser or such.

• Advertisement

M6 / S6 / M6P are the best I've had for exercise. I use them when I'm on the bike as well cos the helmet slides over without dislodging them and I can keep the volume low because they fit so well. I've tried shure / sennheiser / jays / sony etc etc and these are the most comfortable. I have A151s and SP51Ps for when I'm sitting around and want a better less bassy sound - hard to beat for quality unless you're prepared to spend over €200.
    Had a small problem with a pair of m6 once (earpiece cracked) - one email to customer service and they were replaced immediately. Can't get better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Mine arrived this morning, just got the boggo M9P phones. Having said that, they do seem to have a very nice sound in the brief time I've had to play with them, and they come with a decent selection of tips and a sturdy case, so it appears to have been worth the punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Also got the m9ps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Got mine today. Noticed a big difference when changing tips (the double flange ones work best). Nothing special but good to have a backup.

I use Klipsch Image S4s normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 back against the wall

@blastman when did you place your order? mine havent arrived yet :(

Can't remember exactly, I'll check the confirmation email later and let you know.

Mine arrived today M9P ordered on the 26/5

newkie wrote: »
    Got mine today. Noticed a big difference when changing tips (the double flange ones work best). Nothing special but good to have a backup.

I use Klipsch Image S4s normally.

Funny, I can't seem to get the double flange tips to seal properly, maybe I'm not shoving them in far enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Mine arrived today too, got the M11P+. Absolute bargain and superb sound quality. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

blastman wrote: »
    Funny, I can't seem to get the double flange tips to seal properly, maybe I'm not shoving them in far enough!
    :eek:......oh, its an Earphones thread. Phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Got the M9P and M11P+ yesterday.

blastman wrote: »

There's a knack to it. Pull your ear slightly as you insert them. Gives you a much better seal and huge difference in sound. Have a look here.

https://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=283

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'm still waiting on mine, ordered them on the 26th, thought they would have arrived by now. Anyone else waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

I'm still waiting on mine, ordered them on the 26th, thought they would have arrived by now. Anyone else waiting?

Me too. Ordered on the 26th. Shipped the 28th.

Am hoping they'll arrive tomorrow/Monday
    as I lost my other head phones.....feel naked without 'em!

Mine shipped 28th and arrived last Tuesday. A second set (M-Duos - amazing sound !) I ordered separately shipped on 29th and they arrived onTuesday as well

Advertisement