Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming Out as Trans (time two) advice?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I came out as trans (FTM) about a year ago to my friends and then my mother who wasnt very supportive - and promptly went back into the closet when I met a straight man I had a one night stand with and then subsequently fell in love with. We've been together since around Christmas time, and I was okay with hiding my feelings about gender from him because I dont mind so much being seen as feminine since I do love girls and fashion and I'm good at acting like thats who I am. But I dont think I can do it any longer but I'm absolutely terrified about coming out to Jordan, after everything - it feels like ive been lying to him. Any advice for coming out to a partner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

It's not something I've ever had experience with but I've been lied to by girlfriends about stuff (nothing this big mind you) but I think if he feels the way you do about him then it probably won't matter. Like at the end of the day what difference will it actually make to the relationship? or you as a person? you're personality is what (should) matter and I think coming clean with him is the best idea because don't you want to be with someone who'll accept your past and accept you for you?

If he's not that person then he's not the right one

Just my opinion!

Advertisement