Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help!

Options
  • 25-05-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

So I graduated Thursday night and as me and the lads walked home of of them fell and broke a bottle.. Being a bit worse for wear and feeling responsible I took it off him and went to throw it in a ditch and slit an artery and tendon in my hand and now I'm all stitched up and in a sling... I'm adamant I don't want a scribe is there any way I can type my exams?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

First have you been in contact with your school? Second, can you type fast enough with a bogey hand? And third, would a scribe really be the end of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So I graduated Thursday night and as me and the lads walked home of of them fell and broke a bottle.. Being a bit worse for wear and feeling responsible I took it off him and went to throw it in a ditch and slit an artery and tendon in my hand and now I'm all stitched up and in a sling... I'm adamant I don't want a scribe is there any way I can type my exams?

For my sisters JC she got to type on a computer but this is because she is an incredibly slow writer but an ok typer, however that had been planned months before the actual exams, she had to have a teacher write a testimony. Call your principal and get a doctors note. Maybe he or she would know more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to contact your school's Examinations Secretary, first thing Monday. They will contact Athlone and depending on your doctor's report they will decide which 'Reasonable Accommodation' is best for someone with your injury.

I would imagine it will be a scribe, but there are other options.

Advertisement