Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparation for rugby 7s

Options
  • 25-05-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all I'm 19 and im getting ready for a rugby 7s tournament for the middle of July so basically I have a month and a bit to prepare I'm a reasonably experienced player having played 15man rugby all up along the underage levels however I haven't done any sort of field work since Christmas. I have been in the gym but I think I might be rusty on the skills and the fitness I'm currently getting back into a bit of running and passing but if anyone has any insights into a decent fitness and skills programme tailored for 7s so that i can improve over the next month I would very much appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

A lot of High Intensity Interval Training. You need to get on the pitch and do some sprinting HIIT with pretty low breakdowns in between. Next up the fundamentals. Trying doing some passing drills after your sprinting where your knackered. Try extra hard on medium to long passes.

Advertisement