Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats goin on with IRL / USA, CAN and Pac Nats Cup

Options
  • 25-05-2013 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Ireland are clearly playing games with USA and CAN amongst their Pac Nations Cup fixtures, whats this all about, USA and CAN are really cramming in the games if so ?

06/06/2013 08:35 EST Pacific Nations Cup Game 4
    Canada v Fiji

09/06/2013 08:45 EST Pacific Nations Cup Game 5
    Canada v Tonga

Sat 8th Jun 13 Test United States v Ireland

19/06/2013 18:05 EST Pacific Nations Cup Game 7
    Fiji v USA

Sat 15th Test Canada v Ireland

19/06/2013 20:05 EST Pacific Nations Cup Game 8
    Japan v Canada

Im on Oz and no sign of the Irish Tests on Setanta any ideas where thye may be broadcast ?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Did I read somewhere that the USA picked a relatively weakened squad for our games? Can't remember now.

Not sure if any of the games will be shown on TV here in Ireland let alone Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I suppose they have the squad together for the Pacific Cup so they might as well schedule profitable games against sides like us during that period.

We should have entered! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I suppose they have the squad together for the Pacific Cup so they might as well schedule profitable games against sides like us during that period.

We should have entered! :p

Sure if you can pick us up and drop us off in the Pacific, also would you mind putting us a little further down south as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Will be going to the game in Houston next week. The weather has been cooler than normal otherwise the lads would be screwed if not used to it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Pacific Nations Cup, or at least some of it, is actually being broadcast in Ireland on Setanta, though the matches are hardly TV-friendly (Japan v Fiji this Saturday is at 4:40am, for instance!).

No idea who has rights to Ireland's summer internationals, I guess it will depend on there being a US/Canadian host broadcaster. ISTR the equivilant 2009 tests were shown on RTÉ though, despite one actually taking place on the same day as the Heineken Cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

icdg wrote: »
    The Pacific Nations Cup, or at least some of it, is actually being broadcast in Ireland on Setanta, though the matches are hardly TV-friendly (Japan v Fiji this Saturday is at 4:40am, for instance!).

No idea who has rights to Ireland's summer internationals, I guess it will depend on there being a US/Canadian host broadcaster. ISTR the equivilant 2009 tests were shown on RTÉ though, despite one actually taking place on the same day as the Heineken Cup final.

They're being shown by TG4

Advertisement