Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects

Options
  • 25-05-2013 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Which subject would be easier and why between chemistry and biology ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Are you in fifth year? because biology is a huge course i wouldn't advise anyone to start it unless they are in fifth year and doing it in school with a teacher to keep up with the workload, it can be tough to cover everything but i still like the subject,most topics are not too difficult to understand. I haven't done chemistry so i can't help but the course isn't as big.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

No going into 4th just wondering about science subjects because i will be picking 1 of them for my subjects

I do both of them and it's really down to personal preference. In fifth year I hated Chemistry and loved Biology. Then somewhere along the line I loved them both. Then something just clicked and I loved Chemistry more than Biology.
    It's true that Chemistry is a shorter course but it is teacher dependent. We finished our Biology course first.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Which one is easier is totally dependant on which one you like.

If you hate chemistry and chose it because it's supposedly "easier", you'll more than likely hate it and will find it hard to work on it.

I only do biology, I really like biology and therefore I find it pretty easy. It is a really long course and you will be required to understand or rote learn definitions.

Advertisement