Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing on in Blanchardstown Office?

Options
  • 24-05-2013 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got a letter from the last time they had to sign on. My partner last had to sign on in February, they told him he would get a letter telling him his next sign on date. He is still getting paid, slip says November is the next sign on!

Can't be right? Can't get through to the office by phone to ask though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

They're probably doing construction works. I heard a guy out in my area that I know saying he didn't have to sign on in Blanch til November either. happened to me in Coolock when I was on the dole last year, there was a 3 month gap where I didn't have to sign on, they just sent out slips that I signed and free-posted back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

My weekly JB slip also says next sign on in November but since I signed on initially, I also got two ad hoc texts or letters to call in on other dates in Feb and March to sign on. I wouldn't worry about not hearing from them as I feel they are doing random selections of claimants to call in.

Also, I think if you have already provided them with evidence of job seeking or signed up to courses/FAS etc, they are less likely to target you for sign ons. Since I've been on a Fas course since early April (which was notified to them), I haven't heard from them.

PS - Blanch SW never answer their phone...don't know why they provide a number if they don't have resources to man it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

January wrote: »
    Has anyone got a letter from the last time they had to sign on. My partner last had to sign on in February, they told him he would get a letter telling him his next sign on date. He is still getting paid, slip says November is the next sign on!

Can't be right? Can't get through to the office by phone to ask though.

The slips all say November as far as I know but you can be called at any time to sign.

I signed on just before Christmas and didn't hear anything until this month about signing on again.

They'll send you out a form to fill in with a date to go in, they will also send you a reminder text when they want you to sign.

Don't worry about it as I was a bit nervous about it too until I asked them about it and they confirmed everything I said above.

@Ongarboy I've gotten them on the phone most times, you need a lot of patience though. I'd rather ring for 15 minutes than have to go down and queue.

Advertisement