Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Home Stretch

Options
  • 24-05-2013 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Alright, so there's a week and a half left, and I'm a lot more nervous than I thought I'd be. So I figured I'd make this thread and get some sort of plan together for the final few days. Things that I'll be doing from tomorrow to improve my chances are:

Sleeping Pattern
    Bed at 10pm from now on, and up at 7am, the same as I'll be doing for the exams.

Diet
    Eating more healthy foods. Here's a good list. I already constantly have a bottle of water beside me, but I'll make sure to have fruit/nuts nearby for snacks.

Studying in Exam Conditions
    I'll have to cut out the music. It's good to get psyched up, but during study. (Source) The desk will also be cleared. Our school is also a building site so I'm going to study with earplugs in as I'll be wearing them during the exams. Laptop will be away as well.

Plan
    I'm making a timetable tonight for tomorrow. And so on. I find that, without a plan, it might feel that you are doing a fair bit, but when you look back at the end of the day, it's like..... wtf?

Exercise & Fresh air
    I already have an exercise plan in place, but I don't get enough fresh air. So I'll walk the dog once a day.

I suppose that's what I should have been doing for the whole year :pac:
    Ah well... Anyway, does what are you all doing to maximise your ability for game day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Prodigious wrote: »
    Alright, so there's a week and a half left, and I'm a lot more nervous than I thought I'd be. So I figured I'd make this thread and get some sort of plan together for the final few days. Things that I'll be doing from tomorrow to improve my chances are:

Sleeping Pattern
    Bed at 10pm from now on, and up at 7am, the same as I'll be doing for the exams.

Diet
    Eating more healthy foods. Here's a good list. I already constantly have a bottle of water beside me, but I'll make sure to have fruit/nuts nearby for snacks.

Studying in Exam Conditions
    I'll have to cut out the music. It's good to get psyched up, but during study. (Source) The desk will also be cleared. Our school is also a building site so I'm going to study with earplugs in as I'll be wearing them during the exams. Laptop will be away as well.

Plan
    I'm making a timetable tonight for tomorrow. And so on. I find that, without a plan, it might feel that you are doing a fair bit, but when you look back at the end of the day, it's like..... wtf?

Exercise & Fresh air
    I already have an exercise plan in place, but I don't get enough fresh air. So I'll walk the dog once a day.

I suppose that's what I should have been doing for the whole year :pac:
    Ah well... Anyway, does what are you all doing to maximise your ability for game day?

Nice! You sound fairly sorted to me :P I need to join you with adopting a good sleeping pattern
    Though I just want to put out there that often people change their patterns just before the leaving and when they start doing things differently it isn't always good. For example i should be eating healthier, following all advice and cut out my excessive coke drinking but i'm not going to! It isn't healthy but i am used to it and if i cut it out now i end up feeling really tired just before exams. I don't want to sound like i am discouraging you from being healthy and following your plan but i think that you can keep some bad habits and worry about them after the leaving! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I need to join you with adopting a good sleeping pattern

;)

Advertisement