Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administration in Accountancy Firms

Options
  • 24-05-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have an interview for an administration role in a medium accounting practice advisory department. Will be doing payments, recs etc. What Im looking to find out is if this role will give me enough experience to qualify with the acca, as I have some exams done, or would a traineeship be the better way to go. From what I hear the trainees and admins basically do similar work. Anyone work in this role or know what it progresses to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Mmm - you might want to ask them that at the interview. It's not a trainee position, so what you do at the start is what you'd likely be doing for some time without progression. So, it's possible it won't be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

smcgiff wrote: »
    Mmm - you might want to ask them that at the interview. It's not a trainee position, so what you do at the start is what you'd likely be doing for some time without progression. So, it's possible it won't be enough.

I'd agree, looking at career progression I think the trainee role would better suit someone looking to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Alan Shore wrote: »
    I'd agree, looking at career progression I think the trainee role would better suit someone looking to qualify.

It sounds like you are looking for a trainee position because this administrative position wont give you the experience necessary to qualify. As said above, it is a role with little progression. In my opinion, it has little in common with a trainee role to be honest.

Advertisement