Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Scam anyone?

Options
  • 24-05-2013 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to put this (mods feel free to move) but has anyone else been getting messages from an Irish mobile saying
    A secret admirer has sent you flowers click: "www.worxvoda.tk/myv/services/loginf5f4.html" to know who or copy and paste in your browser.

I get the first one yesterday which I deleted straight away so I'm not sure if the number is the same but the one I got today is from 0877921262.

I didn't click the link obviously but am curious as to whether this is a recent scam or a virus or what.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Got one too - it's scam/spam. Delete. (And/or forward to your service provider's SPAM-reporting number if they have one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

just got one, googles and arrived here. and there I was thinking a had an admirer...

From an 087 792 number and i'm 087 792xxxx . any other numbers get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

rockbeast wrote: »

From an 087 792 number and i'm 087 792xxxx .

I didn't spot that connection but I'm also 087 792xxxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Shine7 wrote: »
    I didn't spot that connection but I'm also 087 792xxxx.

Did you send me flowers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

My wife just got one of these. Also her number is 087792xxxx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I received one aswell at half one this morning! Though the number started with 087 612

Advertisement