Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4 Blu-ray Box Set £14.42 on Amazon

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Expired. Pirates of the Caribbean boxset now 24.99
    Still not bad value- but not the bargain it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

smccarrick wrote: »
    Expired. Pirates of the Caribbean boxset now 24.99
    Still not bad value- but not the bargain it was.

In "more buying choices" you can choose to buy from Amazon for 14.42

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

In "more buying choices" you can choose to buy from Amazon for 14.42
    Yes - when an item goes out of stock from Amazon themselves, the seller seems to default to the next preferred third party retailer which has been endorsed by Amazon (hence the "fulfilled by Amazon", because they stand over the quality of service from that seller).

You can still choose to buy direct from Amazon at the original price, but you will have to wait the 6 to 9 days for them to get more stock.

This obviously must have happened with Die Hard, and with the Lost series collection when the price appeared to suddenly go up from £35 to £185 or whatever it was, but then Amazon's direct price returned once they had more stock.

By the way, this is an ironic case of where a bargain alert thread I started ended up influencing me to make more impulse purchases :pac:

The Da Vinci Code + Angels and Demons [Blu-ray] £7.50

Tron (original) + Tron Legacy [Blu-ray] £11.75

Planet of the Apes: 5-Movie Collector's Edition [Blu-ray] [1968] - gone up slightly now but still a great price at £16.91 for the five original movies in great picture and sound quality.

Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2 [Blu-ray] £12.99 although previously it has been on sale for £11.75

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Jesus, you sure do know your Amazon Blu Ray prices! :)

• Advertisement

Well it's all thanks to CamelCamelCamel.com which give you all this information on price history on Amazon and lets you know when something you want drops in price.

Having been a downloader for a good while, I held off buying a blu-ray player until they came down to sub-100 euro. I had been buying a few bargain blu-ray discs before that, but since watching a few quality new and remastered films, I have been busy building a decent collection of Blu-ray discs.

I love the picture and sound clarity now and it has made me prefer to watch any film in as best quality as possible. I added a separate amp and 7.1 speakers for immersive DTS audio, which really makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of a film. It's something a lot of people probably don't give much thought to.

I went from a 37" to a 42" TV, and now am seriously considering getting a projector for what I hope will be a new way to enjoy watching some of my favourite films. I think it really will be like watching them for the first time.

Recently I watched the remastered Italian Job on blu-ray and the quality is fantastic. When you watch the original trailer in SD and which was not cleaned up from original source film, it's like looking at it through a grease-smeared pair of glasses.

Anyway, enough evangelising. I don't work for Amazon or Sony, but maybe I should! :pac:

Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2 now down to its lowest price so far of £11.

Also more Blu-rays in Amazon's summer sale until june 30th although funnily enough, it takes you to a category called Easter sale, but probably just an oversight.

Advertisement