Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly student meeting - June

Options
  • 24-05-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello my dearly beloved, I was just thinking to myself, it's almost that time of the month where we all meet for a bit of queer and beer :P My lack of engagement in the last one due to the so horrible college exams, has resulted in "horrible" music and some after party tea drinking (no scarf no fun it seems). I think I will take it upon myself to make up for the lost "fun" and organise this meet up, if people have no problems with this of course? I guess first thing we need to decide is the date. Bank holiday weekend might not suit people, as plans might be in place and it could be too soon for a change, so perhaps the week after - 7th of June or another day?

As usual could the mods make a pool for the dates of the 7th of June until the 15th of June, which will give us a week to vote and decide on a day?

As for a venue, keeping Sweetmans/Messrs seems to be the best option for a large crowd?

As usual suggestions welcomed :)

What date suits you 21 votes

Friday June 7th
    0%
    Saturday June 8th
    47%
    ninty9ermanic mailmanItAintMeBabeTainorplayedalivetsterCosmic Maybebiclosetpaddylast24cnn27 10 votes
    Thursday June 13th
    9%
    Annasopramanic mailman 2 votes
    Friday June 14th
    9%
    face1990ItAintMeBabe 2 votes
    Saturday June 15th
    33%
    Peadar06face1990manic mailmanRothmansTainorSoldering_Iornbicloset 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thursday June 13th
    Poll added - it's possible to choose more than 1 date in the poll

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Saturday June 15th
    What are people's thoughts on that "mother" night malark? Remember seeing it mentioned in one of the threads on here and it looks fairly interesting.... (potentially) better than the George...

I wouldn't be pushed with Alt again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Saturday June 8th
    What are people's thoughts on that "mother" night malark? Remember seeing it mentioned in one of the threads on here and it looks fairly interesting.... (potentially) better than the George...

I wouldn't be pushed with Alt again.

If we could find somewhere different from George and ALT, that would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Friday June 14th
    Really hope I can make it to this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

As far as I'm aware, Mother is 21 and over's, but I might of course be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

Saturday June 15th
    Phareon wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, Mother is 21 and over's, but I might of course be wrong!

Have we any under 21's? I'd to checkeh ouhh! :D

Saturday June 15th
    LIST!

1. Soldering

Saturday June 15th
    LIST!

1. Soldering IRON - fixed!
    2. Manic Mailman

Oh sweet merciful jebus, this hangover...

Saturday June 8th
    LIST!

2. Manic Mailman
    3. playedalive

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

Saturday June 15th
    LIST!

2. Manic Mailman
    3. playedalive
    4. Tainor

Under 21's...yea I don't think there is anyone under 21...ZOMG, I too agree we need to find another place beside the George/ ALT / Button Factory. Suggestions, people, suggestions. :)

• Advertisement

Saturday June 15th
    Tainor wrote: »
    Under 21's...yea I don't think there is anyone under 21...ZOMG, I too agree we need to find another place beside the George/ ALT / Button Factory. Suggestions, people, suggestions. :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... COPPERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bicloset

Saturday June 15th
    Tainor wrote: »
    LIST!

2. Manic Mailman
    3. playedalive
    4. Tainor
    5. bicloset

And yes there does be a small number under 21 bt they might get into an over 21 place anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

I don't know if being a gaybar or having a gay night is one of your criteria for choice of venue, but if it isn't, the Workman's Club is great craic!

Saturday June 8th
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... COPPERS!
    jaydoxx wrote: »
    I don't know if being a gaybar or having a gay night is one of your criteria for choice of venue, but if it isn't, the Workman's Club is great craic!

I think both these are good options. Never have been to Workmans but have been told it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Actually I just had a look at the proposed dates, I can't vouch for the quality of the workmans on a thurs,fri or saturday. Wednesday is where it's at :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Saturday June 15th
    I'll be off at a stag night on the 7th :( You'll have to supply your own tea.

Saturday June 15th
    face1990 wrote: »
    I'll be off at a stag night on the 7th :( You'll have to supply your own tea.

but...but...buuuut, what about the tea owl, we can't have tea without it...will not be the same :/ just mind them strippers on the stags, heard they can bite :O

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

What's with "student" in the thread title?
    Are young gays and lesbians who aren't in college excluded?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thursday June 13th
    mackD wrote: »

No; it's welcome to everyone

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

No. I went on the January one and I'm not in college anymore. Had great fun, would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement

Saturday June 15th
    mackD wrote: »

Well it is inclusive of everyone, just as discussed originally it was more tailored to students or generally young people, who had problems with coming out and needed to get along with like-minded people in their situation.
    I think generally a lot of us at this stage would be done with college, either 3rd of 4th year anyway. But the student thing just stuck, again it is all inclusive, but generally the crowd is around early to mid twenties, and hence we all have common things to talk about or generally in the same boat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Saturday June 8th
    So ... I see Friday's won the vote. Is it Sweetmans/Messers as usual then?

Saturday June 15th
    So ... I see Friday's won the vote. Is it Sweetmans/Messers as usual then?

From what has been done before, it seems the best to have good couple of pints, but if anyone else has some suggestion feel free to speak out. :)

I have to say thought, from all the places we met up, Sweetmans/ MessRs kinda fit the whole thing better, but this might be my personal opinion as well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

can't make it to this or the next few meet up lads, hope they're still going strong by the time i return! i reckon we should have about 40 regulars by that stage at least, may start issuing membership cards!! enjoy.

Saturday June 15th
    lyinghere wrote: »
    can't make it to this or the next few meet up lads, hope they're still going strong by the time i return! i reckon we should have about 40 regulars by that stage at least, may start issuing membership cards!! enjoy.

G'luck with your yaysus travels, etc!

I'd be happen with starting off with Messrs/Sweetmans and movin' on from there....

Obligatory Rebecca Black reference:

Saturday June 15th
    G'luck with your yaysus travels, etc!

I'd be happen with starting off with Messrs/Sweetmans and movin' on from there....

Obligatory Rebecca Black reference:

LOL Aham...someone already posted a Friday song on my FB Wall :D I prefer the one that comes after Friday...Saturday yey!

Saturday June 15th
    Terrifying video....

What time tomorrow so? I take it Sweetmans?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

As it happens I will be in Dublin tomorrow night so might pop in

Saturday June 15th
    Terrifying video....

What time tomorrow so? I take it Sweetmans?

Meeting is at MessRs/ Sweetmans at 6 o'clock, I will be there earlier at say 5 if people decide to come in earlier.

"A little party never killed nobody" yey!!

• Advertisement

Saturday June 8th
    Cool, see you guys later

Advertisement