Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU upgrade for Toshiba C850D-11Q

Options
  • 24-05-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm fairly dumb when it comes to computers and I have recently bought the Toshiba C850D-11Q laptop and I am finding it far too slow for my liking, as it only has a 1.3 GHZ processor. I'm trying to use this laptop for gaming and it's just too slow, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I could upgrade the CPU in it?

I'd be looking for a CPU with anything over 2.0 GHZ, and I wouldn't want to spend more than €100. I've found plenty of processors yet I can't tell whether or not they would be compatible with my PC.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'm not a gamer, but I'd say just get a better laptop; you could also check what programs are starting up automatically, check if you have the max supported RAM, of the fastest spped it will support, and also defrag it

edit: here's a 2GHz dual core HP for eur129:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/laptops/4914816

Advertisement