Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers' Rugby

Options
  • 24-05-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi there, just lookin to have a quick eligibility question answered, previously played freshers rugby in the 11/12 season, however i decided to take a year out and im going back into first year in a different college in september, just wondering if ill be eligible for freshers again, im 21 on the 11th of june if theres an age limit, thanks for any help its just iv looked alot online and havent really found any info, cheers again, depp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Depp wrote: »
    Hi there, just lookin to have a quick eligibility question answered, previously played freshers rugby in the 11/12 season, however i decided to take a year out and im going back into first year in a different college in september, just wondering if ill be eligible for freshers again, im 21 on the 11th of june if theres an age limit, thanks for any help its just iv looked alot online and havent really found any info, cheers again, depp.

if you're talking about u21s then no you're not eligible. The cutoff for the coming year is 1st July 1993

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

nah i know im overage for 21s im just wondering if freshers rugby is just college first years or if it has an age limit aswel, thanks for the help though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

It depends I think on whether you're college plays AIL or not.

If your in the actual proper college league then you're ineligible for the fresher team again. If it's the U21 team then you should be fine.

Advertisement