Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dependant student moving from one parent to another

Options
  • 24-05-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone knows whose income will be taken to an account in the case when child of divorced parents is going to live with father in the academic year but used to live with mother in 2012?

Thanks for any info :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dores wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone knows whose income will be taken to an account in the case when child of divorced parents is going to live with father in the academic year but used to live with mother in 2012?

Thanks for any info :)

I'm not entirely sure - this is the relevant paragraph from the Grant scheme rules

http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1368781121/SI_159_of_2013_Student_Grant_Scheme_2013_Final.pdf
    (2) Where the dependent student’s parents are divorced or legally separated, or it is established to the satisfaction of the relevant awarding authority that they are separated, the reckonable income shall be that of the applicant and of the parent or parents with whom the applicant resides.

It could be argued that changing from one living with one parent to another is change of circumstances

Ring the SUSI helpdesk and ask them

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Dores,

The application is based on the financial year of 2012. Therefore it will be your income that will be assessed. When you fill out the application form I would advise explaining the change of circumstance that will occur for the academic.

It would also prove helpful if after submitting your application you email our department to alert them to this change of circumstance, as this is the procedure. The email address is support@susi.cdvec.ie. You will need to include the following information: W reference number: D.O.B: Address: and Mother's Maiden Name.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other queries you can also mail me and I will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

The application is based on the financial year of 2012. Therefore it will be your income that will be assessed. When you fill out the application form I would advise explaining the change of circumstance that will occur for the academic.

Thank you, I assume that the income of her mother will be assessed as she lived with her in 2012 and then the income of the father she is moving in with for the academic year will be as a change of circumstances?

Hi Dores,

That is correct. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Thank You!

• Advertisement

You're very welcome :)

Advertisement