Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in Concert, is coming to the Grand Canal Theatre

Options
  • 24-05-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

One for Rent fans. Announced today, Rent in Concert is coming to the Grand Canal Theatre on November 21st. Tickets available from 7th June. The recent tour of this has got great reviews. http://rentinconcert.co.uk/ :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

"In concert" is very different from seeing the actual show. You might want to edit the title ;)

Will be interested to see the ticket pricing on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

It won't let me edit the title but yes, in concert. Hope the prices aren't too extortionate, can't imagine it coming anywhere near to filling the GCT!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

The prices are lower than full production musicals at the GCT, but I still think they could sell more tickets with a lower price point. 24 euros would be perfect. Loved the show on Broadway but just a concert...? I'm not sure if it is worth it. Maybe this would be more appropriate for a smaller more intimate venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm kind of curious as to why they felt the need to do a concert version? It's not like Rent is a big, production-heavy show, like. There's virtually no set changes, the costumes aren't exactly in the POTO league and the cast is (comparatively) tiny.

It just wouldn't have struck me as a particularly difficult or expensive show to tour even in its original theatrical format.

Not sure really. Agree that it works much better in an intimate venue, saw a (not very good) production of Rent in the tiny Tabard theatre in London last October. Yep, there aren't any set changes, so no idea why they have to do this "in concert" version. I think the GCT is way too big a venue for Rent, hopefully they'll end up giving away the tickets to get people in like they did with American Idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm interested but not that interested and I love Rent. I probably sound so cheap but I'd love to see if I could get free or heavily discounted tickets to it. It's just that I can't drag someone who hasn't seen it before to a concert version of it and expect them to fall in love with it.

Not cheap at all, I can see them giving away lots of tickets for this closer to the time, most of the upper levels will probably be closed off so if buying buy the cheapest possible ticket and get upgraded on the day for free! ;)

Rachel John cast to play Mimi for November only which is when it's on in the GCT. Saw her a few times in We Will Rock You and she is an amazing singer who puts so much emotion into her performances.

And Hannah LeVane cast as Joanne. Liking the look of this cast so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nikki Kaulitz

I will be there. I saw this tour in Birmingham a few months ago, it was amazing.

Advertisement