Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Secure

Options
  • 24-05-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

This 3D secure thing does not work.  Every time I try to use my card online it either locks the account or the box asking for my password just keeps reappearing.  It doesnt say I've entered it incorrectly, it just keeps coming up over and over and wont let me complete the transaction.
    I haven't been able to use my card online since this thing came in.
    I do not want this service.  It does not work. How do I opt out of it? I am seriously considering just closing my BOI account and going elsewhere over this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

This 3D secure thing does not work.  Every time I try to use my card online it either locks the account or the box asking for my password just keeps reappearing.  It doesnt say I've entered it incorrectly, it just keeps coming up over and over and wont let me complete the transaction.
    I haven't been able to use my card online since this thing came in.
    I do not want this service.  It does not work. How do I opt out of it? I am seriously considering just closing my BOI account and going elsewhere over this.
    Hi Crooked Jack,

Thanks for getting in touch.  We understand when the same issue keeps coming up it can be frustrating.

If your account is being locked out, you have to be very careful when you are entering your details, as the system can only accept them in a certain way.  When it asks you to enter your name, this must be entered all in capitals and you must have your title entered as it appears on your card.  When it asks for your mother's maiden name, this also must be entered all in capitals.  Please note the password must be 8 digits long and must include at least one number.

If this issue continues please contact Credits Cards on 1890 251 251 and follow the steps for 3D secure.  A representative will be happy to assist you. 

The issue regarding the 'Details screen' reappearing sounds like there may be an issue with the website you are using or your own browser.  You may have to delete your browser history and enable your cookies medium to high or the equivalent relating to your own browser.   

You cannot opt out of 3D secure, this is an extra security measure but in place to protect customers when they use their card for  online shopping.  The only alternative would be to use websites that have not opted in to this service.   

Thanks again. 

Seán

Advertisement