Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibility of completing the Chemistry and Biology course in a year?

Options
  • 24-05-2013 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I started 5th year late (5 months after everyone else) and due to this I never got to do Biology. Now going into sixth year, I have the chance to start. I've never done Biology before and I know it will be hard. I plan to put in a lot of work over the summer to catch up with everyone, will this be possible? As I also have Chemistry to catch up with and not to mention English, Irish and Maths.
    Will 3 months be enough to catch up with everyone else?
    I also have the option to repeat 5th year since I'm only 15 but I really don't want to have to start again. I just want to get secondary school over with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

A7XGirl wrote: »
    I started 5th year late (5 months after everyone else) and due to this I never got to do Biology. Now going into sixth year, I have the chance to start. I've never done Biology before and I know it will be hard. I plan to put in a lot of work over the summer to catch up with everyone, will this be possible? As I also have Chemistry to catch up with and not to mention English, Irish and Maths.
    Will 3 months be enough to catch up with everyone else?
    I also have the option to repeat 5th year since I'm only 15 but I really don't want to have to start again. I just want to get secondary school over with.

I suppose it really depends on how hard you are willing to work and what grades you need. You don't have to spend the entire 3 months of the summer trying to catch up, you can catch up throughout 6th year too. I took up a new subject this year and got the course content covered in about 5 months by studying it daily. With continuous studying you should easily catch up. Just don't be tempted to be put off by the workload, keep at it. I wouldn't advise repeating 5th year, you should have plenty of time in 6th year if you start early.

Advertisement