Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Power Magazines & Other Paper Items

Options
  • 24-05-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone else out their have a Nintendo power collection? Or other paper items.

I pretty much just have a nes collection save a few games for other sytems I just ended up with but somewhere along the line I started collecting "everything" nes related.

Any one else have the same obsession I had/have at any time in their collecting days?

I've everything from sticker albums, official Mario nes promotional teddies, happy meal boxes and toys, choose your own adventure novels......

If it was nes related I was in like Flynn. Anyone else as obsessed as me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just wondering does anyone else out their have a Nintendo power collection? Or other paper items.

I pretty much just have a nes collection save a few games for other sytems I just ended up with but somewhere along the line I started collecting "everything" nes related.

Any one else have the same obsession I had/have at any time in their collecting days?

I've everything from sticker albums, official Mario nes promotional teddies, happy meal boxes and toys, choose your own adventure novels......

If it was nes related I was in like Flynn. Anyone else as obsessed as me?

I'd imagine it's a slippery slope and can start very easily.

Just caught myself putting official snes cables in my watch list just because they are boxed!
    I'd rather try and spread my collecting around a few systems and not aim for completion but rather set out a goal of obtaining specific games for a system, recently just finished my gamecube collecting for the foreseeable future. I have around 60 cube games and that's well off the lot.
    I suppose my obsession is with boxed games and trying to get near as perfect as possible and that's enough obsession for me.

There seems to be a lot more nes related merch than there is for any other system that I can see as well and I'd love to get some of it but fundage is limited.
    Might start with nintendo badges though...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do love gaming merchandise myself. From signs to artwork, toys, not for sale stuff etc.

I try my best not to buy that kind of gear as it really clutters up the place fast..still, there are times when I can't say no!

The only system I've ever been obsessed with completion wise was the Megadrive. Have really put console game collecting on the backburner though so that'll probably never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There's a decent market for older magazines in the US, but I've never really seen it catch on anywhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I used to have a large Edge collection but that much pretentiousness in one spot was threatening to break a hole in the fabric of space time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Advertisement
Advertisement