Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseeker's Allowance and cohabiting

Options
  • 23-05-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi could someone give me some info please.. Me and my partner have 2 kids together we want to move in together, he is on Jobseeker's and I work my wages are between €280 and €340 will his dole get cut if we move in together? I have checked the social welfare sight but can't seem to find out how much I can earn.. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If your wages are around €286 per week then your partner would get €227. Based on my experience. As long as you have no savings and no assets like land etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lex26

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If your wages are around €286 per week then your partner would get €227. Based on my experience. As long as you have no savings and no assets like land etc.

Thanks for the reply he is getting €184 at the minute and I was worried that this could be reduced with me working I think I will ring the social office and ask them then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When you move in together get him to go to the social and claim for you and the kids as dependants. They will do a whole new means test.

If you ring the social they usually just say, you'll have to get a means test, but the citizens information can go through exactly how they work it out with you.

Advertisement