Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle Rap

Options
  • 23-05-2013 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Does anybody follow battle rap?

I mean like King of the Dot, Smack/URL, Don't Flop, etc.

I'm a huge battle nerd. Maybe we could get a sticky or a sub-forum?

(Maybe there is one I don't know about!)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's not enough demand here for a Sub Forum or a sticky.

There are a few people who are interested, there are also a few lads that post here that are part of the Dont Flop/DFI/Irish League.

I personally dip in and out of it, wouldnt be a major fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kingsenny

I just find the word play and lyricism a lot more appealing than most rap songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Yeah I kinda just dip in and out of it too. If I come across a video on youtube with some names on it I recognise I'll check it out. Best one I seen recently (months ago) was Swave Sevah destroying some guy.

Edit

These are probably the best battles of 2012 imo. Check them out if you got time to kill. You won't be disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I don't really like it tbh. The hosts are irritating af. And I hate Dizaster among others. I'm a big fan of dudes like NoCanDo, Soul Khan who are genuinely talented MC's...they can actually freestyle when they need to and don't sound sloppy. My favourite atm is a guy called 100 Bulletz. He's a monster. It's good to see that battle rap is still prominent but the whole structure and system annoys me.

• Advertisement

I kinda prefer the whole pre-written structure to freestyling though. It sounds cleaner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

kingsenny wrote: »
    I kinda prefer the whole pre-written structure to freestyling though. It sounds cleaner.

Then its not freestyling.

TheBza wrote: »

What's not freestyling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

TheBza wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Well if big daddy kane said it, il except i was wrong!

• Advertisement
Advertisement