Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of looking for work - black & white

Options
  • 23-05-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been on jsa for awhile now after leaving a job to train myself in the specific field I would like to pursue a career in whether self employed or as an employee. FAS/Jobsbridge and others like them don't offer any courses/training/job opportunities in that area.

I've been called to the welfare office next week to provide 'proof of looking for work' for which I have none and no access too at present, I have a blocked email address and no access to a printer. I have no record of being refused work over the last year as all positions I applied for were verbally applied for/dismissed in various establishments, there was no written/online application.

I am not a waster/moocher playing the dole system, I want nothing more then to be out working and paying my way in the field that I have dedicated a lot of time to perfecting and mastering.

I'm afraid of losing my only support because of this and I'm wondering has anyone else genuinely had a similar problem and how did it go?

This has come at a very awkward time and I don't expect to be on JSA much longer, is it just black & white when viewed by the welfare office that no proof means you've, by default, not been trying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

You can get access to a printer at any library.

Apply for some jobs now over the internet by emailing them and usually you will get an automated response saying thanks for your application and that they will contact you if you have been successful ect. ect.
    that done for me because that is what I used when I got a form to fill up about what jobs I had applied for.
    I would say you need something to show them don't go in empty handed.

Advertisement