Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding DJ in Italy

Options
  • 23-05-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Boards.ie and looking for advice. I am getting married in Italy in June 2014 and am looking for a DJ for the reception.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for me?

Hugely appreciated,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Most guys in ireland will give you a quote for the night, example, 300e for 2 hours post band or 600 all night DJ. Continental DJs usually charge by the hour and my experience with talking to a few of them over the years on forums is theyre pretty strict on this. Expect 150-200e per hour.

dont expect Irish wedding Dj music over there, they like their euro pop stuff. While it can be fun, I'd suggest giving the Dj a list of music you want played and leave him do his thing other than that.

how do you go about getting someone? hit the weddingsonline forums for that. theyve got lots of hits on it. you dont jsut want an italian base guy, you want a guy near where you are or youre paying large travel bills in which case youd nearly be better flying an irish guy youve listened to over and putting him up for the night which happens a lot more than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'll do it! :)

My brother in law got married in Sicily a couple of years ago and the dj came with the venue. They played everything we asked for which was great and eventually when I got a look at what they were using (typical dj looking at gear) I was shocked - youtube!
    In fairness we were locked and didnt notice the sound quality!

It might also be an option to bring an iphone with music premixed or playlisted in case you want to diy or need to takeover!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Corron

My friend got married at Lake Maggorie in June. The DJ was a local guy recommended by the wedding co-ordinator at the venue. He was great fun and played any requests we had. Also offered to let us do karaoke on the night but no takers. If you're getting married in that area I can get his name for you.

Advertisement