Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of changing from 3 to Vodafone.... opinions please

Options
  • 23-05-2013 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Been a long time Bill pay three user, due an 'upgrade' at the min, but unfortunately, 3 want their valued customers to pay a premium to get the sgs4, or I can have it 'free' if I upgrade my contract from 18 months, to 24 months.

I'm currently on the top tier with three, €95 per month.

I'm a heavy user, I use the phone for business, and I call family in the north, and roam a lot up there, and in the UK, which are all included in the plan.
    I've unlimited data also with three.

The last upgrade I got from them was in Dec 2011, so essentially I can upgrade every 17 months.

Vodafone are offering for €75 per month.

Unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines in Ireland (including the north)
    500 worldwide minutes
    6GB data.
    It's a two year contract, but they give you an upgrade once a year.

I think the above would suit me fine tbh, the vast majority of my calls ate to Irish landlines and mobile, 500 mins is plenty for me to call UK mobiles.

Anyone any opinions on Vodafone v 3?

Any other issues I should be made aware of? (Do Vodafone block viber/hullomail etc)

Am I better switching via CPW (as in have they any deal sweeteners/freebies) or directly from a Vodafone store?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pdani67

Hi banjo string, have u switched to Vodafone €75 plan in The end? I'm in The same boat as you right now and I was wondering if 6gb data from Vodafone is enough for a have user? I'm with 3 two years now and I' haven't been too happy with the signal compared to Vodafone before... The unlimited data was the only reason I've joined 3 really but having problems with the network is a pain and makes it pointless really...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Been a long time Bill pay three user, due an 'upgrade' at the min, but unfortunately, 3 want their valued customers to pay a premium to get the sgs4, or I can have it 'free' if I upgrade my contract from 18 months, to 24 months.

I'm currently on the top tier with three, €95 per month.

I'm a heavy user, I use the phone for business, and I call family in the north, and roam a lot up there, and in the UK, which are all included in the plan.
    I've unlimited data also with three.

The last upgrade I got from them was in Dec 2011, so essentially I can upgrade every 17 months.

Vodafone are offering for €75 per month.

Unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines in Ireland (including the north)
    500 worldwide minutes
    6GB data.
    It's a two year contract, but they give you an upgrade once a year.

I think the above would suit me fine tbh, the vast majority of my calls ate to Irish landlines and mobile, 500 mins is plenty for me to call UK mobiles.

Anyone any opinions on Vodafone v 3?

Any other issues I should be made aware of? (Do Vodafone block viber/hullomail etc)

Am I better switching via CPW (as in have they any deal sweeteners/freebies) or directly from a Vodafone store?

All help appreciated.

Aren't three offering that package for €55 pm now? Also I'm guessing coverage will improve when O2 merger is complete. Aswell, you're roaming onto Vodafone at present when three not available. If you have bad service when that happens, it won't improve any by switching to VF. I've looked at all comparable packages and classic flex max is great compared to the other networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Why not ring Three and ask them to tell you how much data you have used over the past year by month? That should give you an idea of 6GB is enough.
    pdani67 wrote: »
    Hi banjo string, have u switched to Vodafone €75 plan in The end? I'm in The same boat as you right now and I was wondering if 6gb data from Vodafone is enough for a have user? I'm with 3 two years now and I' haven't been too happy with the signal compared to Vodafone before... The unlimited data was the only reason I've joined 3 really but having problems with the network is a pain and makes it pointless really...

Thanks

Advertisement