Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat The NES Punk's Game Collection

Options
  • 23-05-2013 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Seems Pat done a collection video series. Like him or hate him, he has some stuff in lying in his garage that'd we'd have in glass cases! The stuff is just so much more available over that side of the water than it is here :( His NES collection is just insane, five carts away from a complete set or something.

The final part isn't on YT yet, has to be watched via his site - http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=10694

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,554 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cheers man, I'll give some of them a watch this evening. :)

I do find I get very jealous as to the ease of availability with classic games in the states...I guess the trade off being how much easier it is to get candy cabs in Europe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We have adverts too! And it's a rip roaring success. A model of virtue and a retro collectors nirvana. The poster boy for an astounding online shopping system.

I cannae watch those type o' videos, as the green eyed monster rears its pug ugly mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Or these guys going to "car boot sales" and complaining of resellers. I'd love to just see someone with a decent selection at any market in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

People like Pat the Nes Punk and Game chasers and Nes Pursuit etc
    When they go to flea markets,Swap meets etc
    I find it very common they find NES games very easily and most sellers will
    have over a hundred titles at 2-3 dollars each.

If the North American NES Libary is 700 + you can easily get 100 titles off one a seller for 200 dollars or less.
    Within 2 years I think it would be very easy to track down 500 plus of these titles in the wild living in the US.

Then spend a year reselling your rarer doubles to fund copys of Little samson,The flinstones blockbuster exclusive.
    Then get a Pal Stadium events and a repp cart of the Nintendo world championship cart and to buy any missing carts
    you need online.

While in Europe,especially Ireland I have never seen an nes game at a market But I have seen the odd Megadrive games.
    Its incredibly hard to find older games.

I think Europe is more guilty with over pricing games because everyone thinks all retro games are rare and valuable and channels like this are making more people interested in game collecting making it hard to get games for decent prices,So Im trying to get the good games for most of the popular consoles for a good price before the prices go through the roof ! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_TXumOJBKE
    Finngamers collection is more impressive because I know it was harder to track down and he would have had to pay close to ebay prices for most of his games and they are complete

PSXCollecting is another good european one to check out :)

Advertisement