Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firstwetakemanhattan

Options
  • 23-05-2013 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am married to someone who is unemployed but not in receipt of any payment. We have no children. My partner has not been employed for sufficiently long out of college to be eligible for JSB.

I myself am a postgrad student, but I earn about €22k gross from part time work, which netts to about €1600 per month.

We have not approached the DSP because our understanding is that we are not eligible for anything based on a back of the envelope trial of our means. But we are really struggling. After rent (€750 pcm for a pretty basic flat) we have to really struggle to pay the bills. We both hate the idea of claiming benefits but we are seeing no other option ahead as this is having a massive impact on our marriage.

Are our figures correct? Is my spouse not entitled to any payment from the DSP?

Comments

Advertisement