Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Axe

Options
  • 22-05-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Need to buy a new pickaxe, but all the ones in the DIY stores seem to be a bit flimsy(All about €20-€25). Same story in McMahons. Anyone know where in the Limerick area I can get a proper pickaxe? And how much I should be paying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Builders supply/providers, or any good agriculturally inclined general merchants or co op.

Mattock is another handy tool, depending on what you're looking to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Need to buy a new pickaxe, but all the ones in the DIY stores seem to be a bit flimsy(All about €20-€25). Same story in McMahons. Anyone know where in the Limerick area I can get a proper pickaxe? And how much I should be paying.

Any good builders providers will have a fibreglass handled pick axe for around 18-20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

I'd second a fiberglass handled pick axe. I bought one a few years ago and it's survive untold abuse. One word of warning though, try and buy one without moulded grips on the handle or you'll need to wear a pair of gloves for any extended usage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I'd second a fiberglass handled pick axe. I bought one a few years ago and it's survive untold abuse. One word of warning though, try and buy one without moulded grips on the handle or you'll need to wear a pair of gloves for any extended usage.

+1......moulded rubber grips are handy allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Cheers all. Got it in the Co Op this morning. They didn't have them on the website, but had them in the store. €7.99 for the handle and €10.99 for the head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement