Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway sleeper capping?

Options
  • 22-05-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys. I'm beginning to build a 800mm-1m retaining wall around a part of my garden. I wold like to finish the top with railway sleepers. Has anyone done this ? And if so could you shine some light on how to attach the sleeper to the wall. I'm gonna use a 150mm block.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mise_mise wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm beginning to build a 800mm-1m retaining wall around a part of my garden. I wold like to finish the top with railway sleepers. Has anyone done this ? And if so could you shine some light on how to attach the sleeper to the wall. I'm gonna use a 150mm block.

You could use a tube of Evo Stik or X-Tack 7....( like Tec 7 only stronger).

http://www.contec7.co.uk/x-tack7.htm

Instand bond and very good strength and grip.Used by some landscapers and builders when building raised bed walls for securing non mortar stone blocks on top of each other and installing cappings.:)

You will get Evo Stik or X-Tack 7 in any builders providers or any good diy store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ive used this Stix-All for sticking together some Kilsaran stone wall and capping.

Very strong bond and good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

are you plastering the wall? If so I'd use brackets at say 600mm centres staggered on either side of the wall

Advertisement