Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent or dependant grant

Options
  • 22-05-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Can anyone clarify which grant I should go for? I'm currently renting for the last year, which meets the Oct 12 independent requirement. My lease is up in July, so I'll prob move home too save some money for Sept.

Which grant should I go for? If anyone had this problem before it would great to hear some feedback or maybe a Susi rep could clear it up for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Juicy432,

In order to meet the criteria of Independent Residence you will need to provide evidence of this from October 2012 to a month prior to receiving the checklist. Unfortunately If you do move home anytime from the 01/10/2012 then you will have to declare yourself as dependent.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Juicy432 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify which grant I should go for? I'm currently renting for the last year, which meets the Oct 12 independent requirement. My lease is up in July, so I'll prob move home too save some money for Sept.

Which grant should I go for? If anyone had this problem before it would great to hear some feedback or maybe a Susi rep could clear it up for me.

Thanks

if your parents are under the income threshold and you will be entitled to your grant as a dependant then move home to save money.

If they are over it then don't move home as you will lose money in the long run.

Advertisement