Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 75 - Travel Time

Options
  • 22-05-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I am interested in travel time of 75 bus between rathfarnham village/nutgrove and dun laoghaire.

Is anyone commuting for 9AM towards coast and come back ~5PM?

Is it anywhere estimated 40-50 minutes?

---
    Is there other website than http://hittheroad.ie which has the travel time available?

Dublin bus is monitoring buses by GPS, so it shall be available on their website, but... its not

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Con Logue

I used to travel regularly between Rathfarnham and Dundrum. Once by mistake I got the 75. I'd rather chew my arm off than do that again. Slow, deadly slow on just that section only as it meandered around Nutgrove and Barton Road. Would have been quicker walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

I think www.a-b.ie will give you an indication of the time based on historical GPS data but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mightyz

markpb wrote: »
    I think www.a-b.ie will give you an indication of the time based on historical GPS data but I could be wrong.

www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie is new address i think. This time sounds more realistic.

Maybe instead of 1 direct long connection via 75, I use 2 and switch lines in blackrock.

I know that Nutgrove-Dundrum part is awful during rush hours, probably rest of the way as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

mightyz wrote: »
    www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie is new address i think. This time sounds more realistic

They're the site, a-b.ie redirects to the full address.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP As most peak hour buses operate via Sandyford Industrial Estate I would say 55-60 mins.

Take off 8 mins or so for buses that don't go via Sandyford.

Allow about 25 mins for the bus to get to Nutgrove from Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The 07:20 from Tallaght should get to Rathfarnham Shop Cen about 07:41 and Stone Masons Way about 07:51 and Dún Laoghaire station about 08:46, but check out the realtime information on www.dublinbus.ie for a few days before you make the trip.

http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA02__0000609a_TP.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

http://journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA03__00005e36_TP.pdf

The national journey planner timetable only tells you that it is the bus from "The Square - Train Station" This could mean anything or nothing to most people. A bit of detail could be added like putting "The Square Tallaght - Dun Laoghaire Station".

Advertisement