Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card

Options
  • 22-05-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Can you get physio for an ankle problem on a medical card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Your GP can refer you to a physio in a hospital. I have no idea what kind of waiting time you may have for an appointment. The medical card does not cover private physios.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Your GP can refer you to a physio in a hospital. I have no idea what kind of waiting time you may have for an appointment. The medical card does not cover private physios.
    6 month to a year wait in main hospitals, shorter in the smaller clinics. In my exp with them, they couldn't give a fcuk, they're getting paid regardless so will do as little as possible with you.

Some Docs have physio combined in their practice, you can see them usually in a wk or two on the card.

Or bite the bullet and go private. 1 maybe 2 visits, waste of money to see them any longer than that generally.

Advertisement