Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account -how does it work with free fees?

Options
  • 22-05-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭

So I'm in the process of closing my BOI account. I am currently leaving my savings in the account to offset against fees (i have had the minimum 3k every day so far). Upon closing the account will I then be charged fees for the quarter (as I wont have 3k in the account for the remaining days of the quarter)? Or will BOI say no fees? Will I be charged seperately for closing the account and for transferring money out of the account?

Also when is the next quarter end for fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi daheff,

There are no additional fees or charges when you close your account. However if you have incurred any fee's up to the date of closure these will debited from your account.

If you have met the qualifying criteria for our 'No transaction Fee offer' you will receive no fees.  If you contact your account holding branch directly a representative will be happy to check this for you.

The quarter we are currently in is running from the 20/05/13 to the 16/08/2013.

Thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Hi daheff,

There are no additional fees or charges when you close your account. However if you have incurred any fee's up to the date of closure these will debited from your account.

If you have met the qualifying criteria for our 'No transaction Fee offer' you will receive no fees.  If you contact your account holding branch directly a representative will be happy to check this for you.

The quarter we are currently in is running from the 20/05/13 to the 16/08/2013.

Thanks

Seán
    Thanks Sean.

Does the qualifying criteria mean everyday of the quarter or only those days that the account is open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi daheff,

Once you meet the qualifying criteria up to the date you close your account you will receive no fees.  We would be happy to arrange a call back from a customer adviser in your branch to discuss this matter further if you like.

Thanks

Seán 

Advertisement