Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday night in Sligo

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

A few of us (lads) meeting up in sligo for a night out on friday night, any suggestions welcome for pubs & late bars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Based on replies i got in this thread and then googl'ing the places referenced:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056953680

I'd say Garavogue Bar seems to be a good spot. McHugh's also seems to be pretty decent (both seem to cater for Hen Party's ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Irish House on O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

R_overs1 wrote: »
    Irish House on O'Connell Street.

Not trying to be funny, does that place not generally have a, eh, strange clientele

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny, does that place not generally have a, eh, strange clientele

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

In what way?

In the rear way, prolly.

• Advertisement

In what way?

Not sure, just heard some reports

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

McGarrigle's on O'Connell street have a few acts on tonight. Charity fundraiser I think. Probably be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

The Irish House, "strange clientele"? You're kiddin?

Maybe the word strange wasn't right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Maybe the word strange wasn't right.

No worries Urban Sea. I thought that the Irish House was always a well run working men's pub sorta thing, but I've only be in there a few times over the years. It would not be my first choice for sure, but it seemed to be used by a decent community group.

• Advertisement
Advertisement