Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming wire transfer from USA, bank swift

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Greetings! I need to send a wire transfer to my nephew who lives in Dublin and has an account in Bank of Ireland. The wire transfer is been sent from the US and the bank in US requires the SWIFT number of the correspondent bank of Bank of Ireland in the United States. How can I get this number? or name of the bank? best regards and thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi mandariner,

Bank of Ireland's swift code is BOFI IE 2D for accounts based in the republic of Ireland.

If you need further information about your nephews account, you will need to contact him directly. He can confirm what branch his account is with and any other information you may need.

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mandariner

Hi Linda,

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I do have all the information of my nephews account including the Bank of Ireland swift code. That I need is the swift code for the correspondent bank in the US (bank of Ireland should have a couple of correspondent banks in the US) this is a requirement the US bank has in order to process the wire transfer. Do you have that info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

We cannot provide those details on a public form. Your nephew could raise this query through his account holding branch and they will find as much information as possible. Please note that they will need the details of your own bank.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement