Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special rate grant

Options
  • 22-05-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey I want to know will I be able to get the special rate for the grant as my mother is on one parent family payments since my father passed away in February of last year , before which both were on jobseekers . Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Paidi28 wrote: »
    Hey I want to know will I be able to get the special rate for the grant as my mother is on one parent family payments since my father passed away in February of last year , before which both were on jobseekers . Thanks for your help

Possibly

This is the criteria

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html
    Special rates of grants for disadvantaged students

Disadvantaged students who meet a number of conditions can qualify for a special rate of maintenance grant.

Applicants must have qualified for the standard maintenance grant for the academic year 2013-2014 and total reckonable income in the tax year January to December 2012 must not be more than €22,703, net of Qualified Child Increases and standard exclusions.

For students, including mature students, who are assessed on parent(s)/guardian's income, their parent(s)/guardian must, on 31 December 2012, have been:
    Claiming long-term social welfare payments, or
    Claiming Family Income Supplement or
    Participating in designated programmes (for example, a Community Employment Scheme).

These payments and programmes are listed in Schedule 2 of the Student Grant Scheme 2013 (pdf).

For students who are assessed on their own income, on 31 December 2012 the student must have been getting one of these social welfare payments or participating in a designated programme.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement