Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to play 4 man champagne scramble

Options
  • 22-05-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

What are the rules for this event please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    They can vary but generally.
    Everyone plays off full handicap.
    Everyone drives, you pick the best drive and everyone finishes out the hole from there.
    Best 2 to score.
    Par 3's can vary. Some times it's everyone plays their own ball, 4 to score or 2 to score or pick the best tee shot and best 2 to score.
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Thanks for that playing in one in new Ross tomorrow should be good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Was one on in front of us playing today in tulfarris. Pretty sure the starter said to them all 4 tee off. Pick the best tee shot, then all four play out the hole from there. Best 2 scores counting out of four.

They were playing best tee shot on the par 3s too.

Seemed an interesting format for a classic. Unfortunately the guys in front of us weren't really golfers so they didn't have much to work with even with a choice of 4 drives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭blue note

A good format for a winter comp or a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Knowing the dude beside me in work is casually into golf, and overly immature I just asked him

"Mick you interested in a 4 man champagne scramble Sunday evening?" to which alot of people around the office glared at me with weird looks.

You can tell these formats where named way before the days of the internet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

One on in Enniscorthy this Monday

"Four person champagne scramble Monday 3 June. Format: on all par four and five holes all
    players drive, pick their best drive and from there all players play their second shots.
    On second shots only as per scramble format players can place on fairways and drop
    in rough. From second shots players complete the par four and five holes using their
    own ball with two of four scores to count. On all par three holes players play their own
    ball from tee to completion with three scores to count. Interesting format and difficult to
    predict winning score. We hope all our members and visitors come out in force to
    support this new type format at Enniscorthy golf club. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

If everyone played their own ball, it wouldn't be a champagne scramble it would be a team of 4 event. It must be pick the best tee shot and you play your own ball from there then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

bailey99 wrote: »
    If everyone played their own ball, it wouldn't be a champagne scramble it would be a team of 4 event. It must be pick the best tee shot and you play your own ball from there then.

I'd say they figured it out, last post was nearly 3 years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'd say they figured it out, last post was nearly 3 years ago!!

Brilliant out of you chuckie!

Advertisement