Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on moisturiser

Options
  • 22-05-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the general consensus is with the Gentleman's Club regarding facial moisturiser ?? I've been using it for since my early 20's , which is about 10 years now.

However recently I've started applying in the gym in the morning after my shower and gotten strange looks and comments etc :rolleyes:

Is it still considered an alien or strange thing for a man to use ? I thought in this day and age it would be more accepted !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Absolutely not.....why would there be anything wrong with it???:confused:
    Are you not a 'real man' if you use moisturiser???:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Personally I never have or never will use it,just not for me.

Having said that I'm lucky that I have very good skin and regularly get aged for being in my mid 20s when I'm actually 34.

The missus has been trying to get me to use it but I'm not feelin it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I use a moisturiser as part of my post shave routine. So almost daily, don't see why there would be a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I use it and especially after the gym, if I don't then personally I find it really noticeable that my skin is dry.

Nothing wrong with it tbh, if you're getting strange looks then they're coming from a strange person!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If, like me, you use Benzoyl Peroxide on any kind of regular basis, then not using it isn't an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I find the more you use it the more you need it. So I stopped completely and after a few weeks your skin adjusts and you dont need it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I use E45 cream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Necronos wrote: »
    Personally I never have or never will use it,just not for me.

Having said that I'm lucky that I have very good skin and regularly get aged for being in my mid 20s when I'm actually 34.

The missus has been trying to get me to use it but I'm not feelin it at all!
    Same here. Never used it and people would say I'm in my mid/late 20's. Picture surprised faces when I say my real age :D

But the skin in my hands is really dry. I have to use hand cream constantly on winter. Even as recently as these past few weeks that it was cold in the mornings my hands would look 'old' if I didn't use Neutrogena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

If I don't use it my face feels uncomfortably tight :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I use E45 cream
    Had a tub of this is in my room all through college, and sure enough every night...and morning especially..all the lads would come in and grab a bit. We even made a song about it....brimful of asha on the...e45...we were all typical lads too..gaa/soccer heads etc. Nothing at all strange with men using mosteuriser. It feels so nice and refreshing, and is good for your skin. What's the problem!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

No. My skin is as smooth as a rhinos ass.

I used to use after shave balm after shaving, but I've only wet shaved once in the last 18 months. And that was for a wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I find the more you use it the more you need it. So I stopped completely and after a few weeks your skin adjusts and you dont need it anymore

Spot on.

Also, its worth noting that if run a hot shower on your face it'll dry out your skin at a crazy level. So turn down the heat when washing your face, then re-adjust heat for rest of your body, works like a charm.

Advertisement