Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery in Clare

Options
  • 22-05-2013 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi archery enthusiasts!

My nephew was telling me he went on school tour in Kilkee, Clare last week and got to do some archery there as part of a watersports & activity tour and is keen to give it a go again. I have always wanted to take this up and thought it would be a nice activity for the two of us to do together - I had done a bit of it in college a long while ago but would love to give it a go. I was just in Limerick this morning and checked out two shops there - one by the cornmarket (cant remember what it is called) and the other on Ellen street...mad for worms...or something like that.

Is it a bad plan to just buy myself a bow and get on with it myself with my little bit of knowledge that I may or may not remember myself?:o
    Does anyone know where I might be able to get lessons or join a club in Clare or are there any other budding archers in the area who just regularly meet up for a go?

Thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Look up Archers of Ennis on Facebook. They're only a new club so I dont know if theyre in a position to take in beginners yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mick, the best route is through a club, especially as your nephew will need coaching and you may need refreshing. A club will most likely have equipment you can use for a while, while you get stronger. It will cut down the amount of kit you need to buy/swap. You'll also need advice on arrows etc and it would be a pity to miss out on the social side of archery also.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement