Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint custody of dog

Options
  • 21-05-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have an adorable Cavalier King Charles but have to relocate to an apartment shortly and can't have him there obviously. Apart from the size of the place, the management company don't allow pets. Was wondering if anyone in the Malahide area would like to have him live with them, but that my kids could take him for walks occasionally. Like visitation rights sort of, we'd hate to lose touch but just have no choice but to move home at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

katymd1 wrote: »
    We have an adorable Cavalier King Charles but have to relocate to an apartment shortly and can't have him there obviously. Apart from the size of the place, the management company don't allow pets. Was wondering if anyone in the Malahide area would like to have him live with them, but that my kids could take him for walks occasionally. Like visitation rights sort of, we'd hate to lose touch but just have no choice but to move home at the moment.

If you train you dog not to bark at every thing then the people that live near you will not give out.
    You could keep this dog if you work it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Dodd wrote: »
    If you train you dog not to bark at every thing then the people that live near you will not give out.
    You could keep this dog if you work it right.

No the dog cant be kept if the management company wont allow pets....The OP would be in for lots of grief and trying to hide the dog etc is a very stressful way to live.

Hope you find a suitable home for your dog OP, personally I think its terrible management committees(which are made up of a few other residents) can have the power to ban dogs from apartment buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

If it was me I would look for a different apartment. Not every management company has a ban on pets, there's plenty of apartments that will allow them. And a CKC is a very easy breed to manage exercise wise. It's not like you're trying to relocate a breed that needs hours of off lead running to wear them out.

Advertisement