Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the best places to meet other Bisexual people or like minded

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Ok so it may seem obvious, but for me its not something im extremely open with just something of interest :)

So im not sure how to meet other people like me, without gong online and coming across as a weirdo and have all strange men assume your up for anything!! (anyone else get that?)

Its not something iv shared with many friends so I cant go to gay clubs
    with them without explaining. And I wouldn't really go on my own Any one have any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Do you have any hobbies or interests; reading? music? films? sports? anything at all?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

The Boards meet-ups, give it a search there! :)

Next one in about two weeks as it's a monthly thing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Second the meet up. It's great to meet up with like minded people. Sexuality can be so confusing to suss out for a lot of people ( I can strongly relate. I identify as bisexual myself :)). It's great to not just hold it up in your head and meet LGBT people in an everyday setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

I do have lots of hobbies.

jogging, love music dancing ext....

I wouldn't mind going to the boards meet up ,,is there a thread on this maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok jogging

http://dublinfrontrunners.ie/wp/

Music

http://www.dublinpridemusicgroup.com/about-us.html

http://www.gloria.ie/

anything else?

outdoor pursuits? rugby? soccer? singing? anything? Name your hobbies or possible interests and I will try find a group

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 louisefl

any female bisexuals out there want to meet up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I'd be up for a meet if there's something being organised

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

pharmaton u male or female?

Female, cross my heart and all that. :) (there is someone here who can vouch for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

Meet ups happen in Dublin I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I'd be up for a meetup once I'm not working!

Meet ups happen in Dublin I assume?

wouldn't have to be, unless the majority happen to be located there or have easier access. It'd be nice to go somewhere different for a change. I'm rooted with work myself at the minute but am due some days off which I'd like to put to good use. (other than a day being pampered at a luxury coastal resort or some such blissful hideyhole in teh country..with bbq and a bar for good measure)

I know I'm dreaming a bit but it's late and I'm sleepy.

Lol now that does sound enticing!! Yeah would be cool if it were somewhere else. Galway is a beautiful City, havn't been there in a couple of months! Would be idyllic!!

I'm about as far from Galway as you can get in Ireland :/ I can keep dreaming though.

Oh no!!!! Maybe not Galway then :) I'. just thinking out loud!!!

well I'm thinking it summer and there's a hundred different festivals going on around the country every other weekend, at least where I am anyway there's one preety much every month whether it's food music beer or the arts, it's a good opportunity for people to meet and make sure they get to have a good time too! There's one in late August where a little sleepy fishing village wakes up for a weekend, beer and bbq's on the beaches, good live music and craic to be had. It's south coast though so might not suit everybody, but I'll keep it open anyway. ;)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds ominous!!! Lol I think I may know where you're talking about! :D

I realise it might be a bit ot in this thread so if the mods want to move somewhere more appropriate fire away
    Managed to catch this doc on channel 4 the other day thought others might be interested in it http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bi-curious-me/4od

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

There is the Bi Irish Yahoo mailing list and they run regular meet ups as well.
    Been to a few which were in Outhouse.

http://groups.yahoo.com/adultconf?dest=%2Fgroup%2Fbi-irish%2F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

I would definitely be up for some form of meet up if others are. I've been meaning to go to the student ones but have been working most nights and would prefer if there was another girl or two there :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AmyAnna

I'm in the same situation! Not alot of my friends would be into exploring the lgbt scene with me and it's something I'm definitely curious about. I'd love to chat with some like minded people for once!

I know it's a bit late notice but heading for Cork this weekend might be good opportunity to organise a meet up if you're in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

pharmaton wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late notice but heading for Cork this weekend might be good opportunity to organise a meet up if you're in the vicinity.

It will be Pride weekend in Cork so I'm sure lots will be around:)
    I can't wait

that's the plan anyway ;) (kinda looking forward to it myself)

Advertisement